Stay Connected with us online
Check out our social media to learn about artwork, hear from DC creatives, and more:
Sign-up for e-news to get art delivered straight to your inbox.
Join our online programs, including weekly meditations, workshops, and more.
Visit our blog The Experiment Station for behind-the-scenes information, artist profiles, and more.
Browse our videos on YouTube, including recordings from our virtual artist and curator talks.
Explore our exhibitions:
- Riffs and Relations: African American Artists and the European Modernist Tradition
- Moira Dryer: Back in Business
- Celebrating Women Artists in The Phillips Collection: Anonymous Was a Woman Awardees
- Jenny Holzer: Moral Injury / So Vote
- Hopper in Paris: Selections from the Whitney Museum of American Art
- Brian Dailey: America in Color
Take a virtual 360 tour of our exhibitions:
Learn about Jacob Lawrence's powerful 60-panel Migration Series.
Take an up-close look at some of your favorite works in the collection at Google Arts & Culture.
Watch & Listen
Watch the 2020 Artists of Conscience Forum: Women, Race, Representation, a collaboration with the University of Maryland.
All things Phillips Music! Learn about the history of The Phillips Collection's world renowned music program, watch interviews with Phillips Director of Music Jeremy Ney, read new music-focused blog posts in The Experiment Station, and listen to a new performance by Castle of Our Skins and a series of interviews between composer Aaron Diehl and Frank Stewart, Cécile McLorin Salvant, and Tyshawn Sorey.
Dive deeper into Riffs and Relations: African American Artists and the European Modernist Tradition
- Dr. Adrienne Childs in conversation with artist Renee Cox
- Dr. Adrienne Childs in conversation with Dr. Rebecca VanDiver on Loïs Mailou Jones and David C. Driskell
- Listen to Guest Curator Dr. Adrienne Childs talk about the exhibition
- Watch a conversation between Dr. Adrienne Childs and artist Janet Taylor Pickett about Riffs and Relations, part of The Keyes Collective and Facets58's The Art of Influence series.
- Listen to Dr. Adrienne Childs discuss Riffs and Relations with Tyler Green on the Modern Art Notes podcast.
- Learn about artworks through our audio guide.
Dive deeper into Moira Dryer: Back in Business
- Guest curator Lily Siegel and Chief Curator and Deputy Director for Academic Affairs Klaus Ottmann talk about the exhibition
- Listen to Kristen Hileman talk about the concurrent exhibition of Moira Dryer's work at the Greater Reston Arts Center
Listen to the audio tour of the Milwauke Art Museum's presentation of A Modern Vision: European Masterworks from The Phillips Collection, which features some of our most beloved artworks.
Tune in to Front Row Washington broadcasts of Phillips Music concerts on Classical WETA 90.9 FM on select Mondays at 9 pm.
Try these #MuseumAtHome activities with your families:
- Creating Memories and Sharing Dreams: Slow looking and coloring activity
- Jump In!: Slow looking and collage activity
- Exploring a Tabletop: Slow looking and sketching activity
- How to Make a Musical Maraca
- Learn about works in the Phillips's collection with the Discovery Pack (download and print)
- Get creative with these activity pages (download and print)
- NEW! At Home with Jacob Lawrence Activity Kit (download and print)
- Create your own #Panel61
- Storytelling and Perspective with Jacob Lawrence
Color the Phillips
- NEW! Family scenes and still lifes from the collection by artist Racquel Keller (download and print)
- Landscapes and streetscapes coloring pages from the collection by artist Racquel Keller (download and print)
- Re-create Phillips masterworks with these artwork coloring pages (download and print)
- Design your own exhibition with these coloring pages of the Phillips's galleries by artist Racquel Keller (download and print)
- Carry Out/Color In: Order carry-out from participating local businesses and receive a free coloring card and crayons (while supplies last)!
"The Hiring Practice That Stymies Equity in the Museum Workforce" by Makeba Clay, American Alliance of Museums
"There is a moral facet to caring about the arts." Dorothy Kosinski in conversation with Jeffrey Gedmin for The American Interest
"African American Artists Created Fruitful, But Fraught, Relations with European Modernism" by Mackenzie Weigner, The Washington Diplomat
"Playful & Philosophical: The Paintings of Moira Dryer" by Barry Schwabsky, The New York Review of Books
"This Art Museum Was Founded in Response to a Pandemic Death. It Has Much to Teach Us Now." by Dorothy Kosinski, Op-Ed in ARTnews
"We’re all alone. So let’s get lost in these paintings of parties." by Sebastian Smee, The Washington Post
"David Driskell, 1931-2020" by Kriston Capps, Washington City Paper
"African American artists embraced modernism. But the art world didn’t embrace them." by Philip Kennicott, The Washington Post
"Art is helping seniors piece together snippets of their past." by Tara Bahrampour, The Washington Post
"The Transformative Power of Inclusive Storytelling in Museums" by Makeba Clay, American Alliance of Museums