Stay Connected with us online
Check out our social media to learn about artwork, hear from DC creatives, and more:
Sign-up for e-news to get art delivered straight to your inbox.
Join our online programs, including weekly meditations, workshops, and more.
Visit our blog The Experiment Station for behind-the-scenes information, artist profiles, and more.
Explore our exhibitions:
- Riffs and Relations: African American Artists and the European Modernist Tradition
- Moira Dryer: Back in Business
Take an up-close look at some of your favorite works in the collection at Google Arts & Culture.
Watch & Listen
Learn about artworks in Riffs and Relations: African American Artists and the European Modernist Tradition through our audio guide.
Watch a conversation between Dr. Adrienne Childs and artist Janet Taylor Pickett about Riffs and Relations, part of The Keyes Collective and Facets58's The Art of Influence series.
Listen to Dr. Adrienne Childs discuss Riffs and Relations with Tyler Green on the Modern Art Notes podcast.
Listen to the audio tour of the Milwauke Art Museum's presentation of A Modern Vision: European Masterworks from The Phillips Collection, which features some of our most beloved artworks.
Tune in to Front Row Washington broadcasts of Phillips Music concerts on Classical WETA 90.9 FM on select Mondays at 9 pm.
Try these #MuseumAtHome activities with your families:
- How to Make a Musical Maraca
- Storytelling and Perspective with Jacob Lawrence
- Learn about works in the Phillips's collection with the Discovery Pack (download and print)
- Get creative with these activity pages (download and print)
- Exploring a Tabletop: Slow looking and sketching activity
- Jump In!: Slow looking and collage activity
- Creating Memories and Sharing Dreams: Slow looking and coloring activity
Learn about Jacob Lawrence's powerful 60-panel Migration Series and create your own #Panel61.
Color the Phillips
- New! Landscapes and streetscapes coloring pages from the collection by artist Racquel Keller (download and print)
- Re-create Phillips masterworks with these artwork coloring pages (download and print)
- Design your own exhibition with these coloring pages of the Phillips's galleries by artist Racquel Keller (download and print)
- Carry Out/Color In: Order carry-out from participating local businesses and receive a free coloring card and crayons (while supplies last)!
"There is a moral facet to caring about the arts." Dorothy Kosinski in conversation with Jeffrey Gedmin for The American Interest
"African American Artists Created Fruitful, But Fraught, Relations with European Modernism" by Mackenzie Weigner, The Washington Diplomat
"Playful & Philosophical: The Paintings of Moira Dryer" by Barry Schwabsky, The New York Review of Books
"This Art Museum Was Founded in Response to a Pandemic Death. It Has Much to Teach Us Now." by Dorothy Kosinski, Op-Ed in ARTnews
"We’re all alone. So let’s get lost in these paintings of parties." by Sebastian Smee, The Washington Post
"David Driskell, 1931-2020" by Kriston Capps, Washington City Paper
"African American artists embraced modernism. But the art world didn’t embrace them." by Philip Kennicott, The Washington Post
"Art is helping seniors piece together snippets of their past." by Tara Bahrampour, The Washington Post