Art | Connection | Wellness
Let The Phillips Collection provide you with a different kind of virtual experience—one where you can relax, have fun, and learn something new. These tours are more than just a passive exploration of the museum’s collection. They are designed to be interactive and are customized to the specific needs and interests of your group. Come connect with art, mindfulness, and people.
You may not be able to step inside the galleries, but that doesn’t mean we can’t give you a unique, immersive museum experience.
Art | Wellness
Slow down and make time for mindfulness
- Mindfulness exercise
- Contemplative tour of the permanent collection or special exhibition with an emphasis on close looking and reflection
- Guided meditation session with a work of art
Art | Making
Tap into your creativity to decrease stress and learn something new
- Sketching activity
- Informative tour of the permanent collection or special exhibition with an emphasis on materials and techniques
- Guided art-making activity designed to be accessible to every level of artistic ability
Art | Play
Connect to friends, family, and co-workers with stimulating conversation and games
- Cocktail Recipe
- Playful and fast-paced tour of the permanent collection or special exhibition with an emphasis on interaction and discussion
- Game-based challenges that encourage team building and working together
Guided Tour of Permanent Collection
60-minute tour of the permanent collection of America’s first museum of modern art. Revisit old friends and get to know some new ones on this virtual exploration of paintings by artists such as Renoir and Rothko, Bonnard and O’Keeffe, van Gogh and Diebenkorn.
Guided Tour of Special Exhibition
60-minute tour of the special exhibition Seeing Differently: The Phillips Collects for a New Century. The first major celebration of the museum’s permanent collection in over 10 years, Seeing Differently highlights over 200 works by artists from the 19th century to the present, including paintings, works on paper, prints, photographs, sculptures, quilts, and videos.
Cost & Group Size
Art | Wellness, Art | Making, Art | Play
- $1,000 for 10-24 participants
- $1,800 for 25-50 participants
- $2,500 for 51+ participants
- 40% discount for non-profits and partner organizations
Guided Tours of Permanent Collection & Special Exhibition
- $12/members (20-50 participants)
- $15/non-members (20-50 participants)
Group Tours and Visit
The Phillips Collection is currently not booking group tours. For more information contact email@example.com.
Adult and university groups can arrange for guided tours or self-guided visits at The Phillips Collection. Allow two hours to provide time to view additional works of art and visit the shop and café. The museum’s group coordinator can suggest local restaurants which accommodate larger groups. The Phillips also offers school visits for student groups.
GUIDED TOURS: ADULT AND UNIVERSITY
The Phillips offers one-hour guided group tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions given by museum staff trained in object-based learning, the visual arts, and art history. Reservations must be made at least one month in advance.
- GROUP SIZE:15 to 50 (maximum)
- FEES: $15 for adults, $13 for students or seniors, $3 for members
- AVAILABLE TIMES: Tuesday–Saturday at 10:30 am, 11:30 am, and 2 pm, or Sunday at 2 pm
SELF-GUIDED VISITS: ADULT AND UNIVERSITY
Groups may arrange a visit without a guide. Group members may listen on their mobile phones or devices to audio guides (when available) and are welcome to attend the museum’s public tours offered daily. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Please note that admission is free to the permanent collection Tuesday-Friday for all visiting groups.
- GROUP SIZE: 50 maximum
- FEES: $12 for adults, $10 for students or seniors
- AVAILABLE TIMES: Tuesday–Friday at 10 am, 11 am , 1 pm, and 2 pm, or Sunday at 2 pm
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
All scheduled group tours and group visits must be reserved with a credit card. Final payment by check, credit card, or cash is due at least five business days before the tour, and the payment must be for the scheduled number of visitors. Fees are subject to change.