How are exhibitions formed?
Museum curators manage and oversee museum collections. They make decisions about what to display and how to display it.
- How would you curate an exhibition?
- What story would your exhibition tell?
- How would you juxtapose artworks?
Installation View from Seeing Differently: The Phillips Collects for a New Century, 2021, Photo: Lee Stalsworth
Create your own exhibition!
As you curate your exhibition, consider:
- How might you arrange the artworks?
- Is there a theme or idea you want to explore?
- What stories can you tell about the artworks by placing certain ones next to each other?
Racquel Keller, Line Drawing of Phillips Collection Gallery, 2021
Spend time looking closely at the artworks below.
Click to enlarge the image and learn more about the artwork. On the next page, use some or all of these artworks to create your own virtual gallery.