Philanthropy at the Phillips
The Phillips Collection’s Patrons and Circles members provide substantial, ongoing support to sustain our world-class collection, award-winning education programs and outreach, and engaging public programs. As leading advocates, Patrons and Circles members bolster the museum’s dedication to excellence and help ensure a strong and dynamic future for the Phillips.
In addition to unlimited admission to the museum and to our routinely sold-out events, many special opportunities are extended to our most committed supporters.
Patrons and Circles members contributing $2,000 or more enjoy:
- Invitations to exclusive preview receptions and curator-led tours of special exhibitions
- Invitation to an annual donor appreciation event hosted by The Phillips Collection Board of Trustees and the director
- Eligibility for domestic and international travel opportunities with the director, curators and other experts
- Unlimited free admission to special exhibitions and the permanent collection
- Reciprocal membership benefits at over 500 museums internationally
- One complimentary gift membership to share with a friend ($60 individual or $100 dual/family)
- 15% discount in the museum shop and 10% discount at the Vradenburg Café
- Recognition in the annual report
Patron Annual Contribution: $2,000-$4,999
Make a Gift
The Director’s Circle sustains The Phillips Collection as an intimate, dynamic, and collaborative space for the arts, creating, as our founder Duncan Phillips wrote, “a beneficent force…a joy-giving, life-enhancing influence.”
The Director's Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- Invitation to the special Director’s Circle program and reception
- Admission to select performances in the acclaimed Sunday Concerts series
- Access to the expertise and knowledge of curatorial, conservation, and senior staff
- Recognition on the donor wall in the main entrance
director's circle ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $5,000-$9,999
Make a Gift
The Capitol Circle promotes and preserves the legacy of the Phillips as a vital part of the arts and cultural tapestry of the Nation’s Capitol.
The Capitol Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- Invitation to the Capitol Circle event with the director
- One complimentary catalogue from a special exhibition
- Private tour for up to 10 guests with a member of the Phillips’s curatorial staff
capitol circle ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $10,000-$24,999
Make a Gift
The Chairman’s Circle provides crucial funds that allow the Phillips to launch new initiatives and programs that advance the strategic goals of the institution.
The Chairman's Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- An additional complimentary catalogue from a special exhibition for a total of two catalogues a year
- Invitation to a dinner hosted by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Special access to the museum director
- Base event rental fee discount of 25% for a private event at the museum
chairman's circle ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $25,000+
Make a Gift
For more information on sponsorship opportunities or about Patron or Circles membership, contact:
The tax-deductible portion of your donation is your membership fee minus the good faith estimate of the value of benefits you receive, unless you waive such benefits. As per the IRS, memberships, which carry a fair market value and provide “personal benefit” to the donor, may not be paid for in full or part through a Donor Advised Fund or foundation. Please consult with your tax advisor for guidance and more information.
All benefits are subject to change.