2018 contemporaries bash
The Phillips Collection and the Embassy of Australia invite you to the 2018 Contemporaries Bash: Bondi Beach.
Inspired by Sydney’s world-famous beach, the 2018 Contemporaries Bash brings the Australian waterfront city’s surf culture to Dock 5 in one sensational night of cocktails, music, food, fashion, and dancing. Come connect with The Phillips Collection’s dynamic community of art-lovers, creative thinkers, and philanthropists.
May 4, 2018
8:30 pm-1 am
Dock 5 at Union Market
1309 5th Street, NE, Washington, DC
- Dance to DJ I-Dee’s Australian jams
- Collaborative constellation mural with glow in the dark stars
- Virtually experience Australian waters with a projection that highlights it’s coastal charm
- Swim in a “beach” ball pit with coral reef sea creatures
- Enjoy Australian beach food
- Temporary tattoo station
- Wake up with a Bluestone Lane Espresso Martini
- Relax on a hammock will sipping Little Creatures Australian Beers
- Gif yourself and your friends in a photobooth
- Open premium bar with Australian wines
Must be 21 or older · Black tie or cocktail attire · Free parking
Fostering Learning through Art
The Annual Gala and Contemporaries Bash raise critical resources for the museum’s award-winning education programs that inspire creativity, foster a greater understanding of our world, and provide lifelong learning experiences for art-lovers of all ages in the Washington, DC, community and across the country.
Join the Contemporaries
Created exclusively for young professionals (25-40), the Contemporaries Membership provides a unique opportunity for younger members to infuse their lives with art and connect with the Phillips.