- Sell tickets for museum exhibitions; greet and orientate all visitors and guests entering the museum.
- Execute daily accounting duties: preparing and recording cash bank at the start of day, reconcile all sales transactions and prepare deposits at the end of shifts.
- Work with volunteers and membership staff to answer visitor inquiries and problems that arise with clarity and quick resolution.
- Stay informed of pertinent information relative to special exhibitions and general museum activity.
- Promote daily programs at the museum during the sales interaction, and look for opportunities to provide broader exposure for the museum, its exhibitions and programs.
- Actively engage and orient visitors in the museum lobby.
- Work with the frontline staff to promote exhibition sales, membership sales and upgrades. Perform other duties as assigned by the Admissions Manager.
- Must exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor when dealing with visitors and co-workers.
- Must have very strong communication skills and customer service orientation. Must have good listening skills and be able to maintain an empathetic focus on each customer, being aware and anticipating their needs.
- Retail and/or hospitality experience required. Museum experience in guest services preferred.
- Must possess strong math skills and a close attention to detail. Must be able to maintain accuracy and clarity in communications and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Background in or knowledge about art history strongly desired.
Part-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Holidays*
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Part-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.
$10.40 per hour