The Membership Sales Associate serves as a vital source of gaining new members for the museum, is the first point of contact with members in the lobby, and handles all general membership questions and concerns.
4 to 9pm Thursdays
9:30am to 5:30pm Fridays and Saturdays
10:30am to 6:30pm Sundays
- Staffs the membership desk in the entry of the GOH Annex.
- Utilizes proven sales techniques to convert museum visitors to members while in the museum.
- Explains various membership levels and promotes the benefits of upgrading to higher levels of membership.
- Responds to member and public inquiries concerning membership in a polite and patient manner
- Processes onsite membership sales and enters transactions in Raiser’s Edge database..
- Sets up and maintains tracking documents for on-site projects (return calls, card requests, etc.).
- Serves as the primary liaison between visiting members and the Membership Office.
- Processes change of address or maintenance forms as received on-site.
- Assists museum staff as needed by providing necessary records and lists.
- Keeps the training manual updated with current information.
- Provides administrative support for the membership staff when time allows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Superior people skills and enthusiasm for art.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Previous high-end sales experience desired.
- Undergraduate degree and art history knowledge is helpful.
Part-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Holidays*
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Part-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.
$13.00 per hour.