- Assisting with packing and unpacking of art objects. Keeps adequate supplies on hand.
- Assisting with installation of exhibitions the galleries, as directed.
- Working closely with contemporary artists to help execute site specific installation for “Intersections” exhibitions.
- Assisting with installation of labels and didactic wall copy.
- Assisting with preparation of art via matting, mounting, framing with approval, as directed.
- Maintaining calendar in preparator space.
- Checking and replacing burnt out lights over objects on a daily basis, as well as maintaining bulb inventory and ordering stock when necessary.
- Assisting registrars with survey study of the Collection.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of artists' materials and methods.
- Experience in handling, framing and matting of works of art.
- Carpentry skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able bend, crawl, reach high ceilings, carry and climb ladders, operate mobile lift.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
Part-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Holidays*
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Part-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.
$13.50 per hour.