The Phillips Collection's Internship program is open to full-time undergraduate students, full-time graduate students, and recent graduates. The purpose of the internship program is to offer students and recent graduates meaningful work, educational experiences, and real-life practice in their fields of academic study and/or interest.
The Special Events Intern will provide support for event related activities. This will range from administrative duties to handling the logistics and assistance with the execution of internal and external events.
Duration: 10 to 12 continuous weeks and at least 16 to 20 hours per week is preferred. Internship length and schedule may vary depending on the needs of the department.
Academic Credit: Depending on the nature of the internship and approval of the student's college or university, academic credit may be granted for internships. Student applicants should consult their academic advisor for additional information.
*Application deadline dates are as follows:
Spring Internship: December 1
Summer Internship: April 1
Fall Internship: July 31
*Dates are subject to change.
Please submit a résumé, letter of interest, two letters of recommendation, and complete transcripts. If at all possible, we prefer to receive the letters of recommendation together with the rest of your materials. If a recommender insists that the letter of recommendation remain confidential, please ask him/her to send the letter to email@example.com with your name in the subject line and the internship(s) you are applying to in the body of the email.
- Assisting in all aspects of Phillips after 5
- Identifying, soliciting, and coordination vendors, musicians and partners.
- Assisting Special Events staff with external events (may require some evenings).
- Creating event plans for external and internal events.
- Assisting with the production of event communication
- Creating event “one-liners” for Development and Directors Office.
- Inputting and managing data in Altru
- Helping with setup and breakdown of events.
- Assisting with registration during events.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- An interest in the arts or events management.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and work in a face paced environment.
- Creative, energetic, positive, goal-oriented behavior.
- Must be able to work some event evenings
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iContact (email service), and Adobe Suite
Gallery Educators, Volunteers, Interns, and Temporaries are eligible for the following benefits:
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events