The Phillips Collection's Internship program is open to full-time undergraduate students, full-time graduate students and recent graduates. The purpose of the internship porgram is to offer students and recent graduates meaningful work, educational experiences, and real-life practises in their fields of academic study and/or interest.
The Human Resources Intern performs a variety of administrative and operational duties as developed and assigned by the HR Department.
Duration: A minimum of eight continuous weeks and at least 16 hours per week is preferred. Internship length and schedule may vary depending on the needs of the department.
Academic Credit: Depending on the nature of the internship and approval of the student's college or university, academic credit may be granted for internships. Student applicants should consult their academic advisor for additional information.
*Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please submit a résumé, letter of interest, and two letters of recommendation.If at all possible, we prefer to receive the letters of recommendation together with the rest of your materials. If a recommender insists that the letter of recommendation remain confidential, please ask him/her to send the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line and the internship(s) you are applying to in the body of the email.
(include but are not limited to):
- Helping maintain I-9 documentation files.
- Preparing new hire packets.
- Filing employee personnel papers and documentation as directed.
- Assisting with printing and distribution of incoming résumés for screening.
- Setting up and maintaining employee personnel and benefit files.
- Creating spreadsheets with human resource information.
- Performing clerical work such as print labels, faxing, mailing and copying.
- Performing other human resource duties as assigned.
- Assisting at evening events such as Phillips after 5 and other community events as needed.
- Background in Student business or human resources management.
- Prior professional office work experience required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent customer serivce skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Gallery Educators, Volunteers, Interns, and Temporaries are eligible for the following benefits:
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events