The Museum Assistant will assist the Security office by helping protect The Phillips Collection's artwork from being touched, damaged, destroyed or stolen. The incumbent will also assist and serve the visiting public as they view the exhibitions.
- Monitor the permanent collection and special exhibition galleries.
- Perform essential duties as outlined in museum assistant manual.
- Ensure the enforcement of museum rules with public and staff.
- Act as a professional representative of the museum with the public.
- Provide accurate information about the museum and the collection to the public.
- Make verbal and written reports to the Security department.
- Facilitate emergency evacuation procedures when necessary.
- Work evening events as needed.
- Move light furniture as needed.
- Perform receptionist duties as needed.
- Attend and successfully complete museum training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to monitor the collection.
- Ability to work with and react positively to the public.
- Ability to move light furniture as needed.
- Available to work some evenings.
- Must be reliable with strong customer service skills.
- Background in art or art history helpful.
Part-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Holidays*
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Part-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.
$11.50 per hour.