To assist the Security Operations Manager with the safekeeping of the artworks and control access to the collection by staff and public. Supervise the Museum Assistants.
- Performs day-to-day security related activities.
- Works with Security Control Room Operator to manage automated security system.
- Facilitates building operations.
- Facilitates customer relations.
- Reports problems with building operations, takes action to facilitate access by the public.
- Responds to emergency and fire alarms, acts as liaison with police and fire representatives.
- Operates facilities systems in emergency.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, schedules, and exercises disciplinary authority over the Museum Assistant staff.
- Handles and delegates administrative responsibilities as directed by the Manager of Security Operations.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and enforcement of security policy and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Prior Museum Assistant and/or museum security experience is required.
- Prior security supervisor experience is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of art preferred.
- Aptitude for technical/mechanical knowledge.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) is required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and to take direction.
- Ability to anticipate problems.
- Ability to meet standards for Security Supervisor listed in the Standards for Museum Security.
Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Accrued Paid-Time-Off Leave
- Paid Holidays*
- Group Health Insurance Coverage (POS or PPO plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and/or dependent care costs
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Full-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.