The Membership Manager position, holding a key role in the membership department, is responsible for maintaining membership data and processes to ensure continued success of the program. They will collaborate with Director of Individual Giving & Membership to implement best strategies in renewing and upgrading current members, and increasing both membership upgrades and annual giving from current members. The manager is also responsible for reporting and analysis, traffic management for all membership efforts, and overall data management. The Membership Manager oversees part-time Membership Associate(s) in ensuring proper and timely fulfillment of gift processing, acknowledgements, and member requests.
- Reporting and Data Analysis – Provide revenue and membership reports for budget tracking, to inform strategy for ongoing Direct Response efforts, and to report out to Senior Leadership
- Membership growth – Collaborate with Director of Individual Giving & Membership to implement best strategies in converting museum visitors to members, retaining and renewing current and lapsed members, and increasing both membership upgrades and annual giving from current members.
- Direct Response Traffic Management – Work with Director of Individual Giving & Membership and Direct Response consulting team to maintain schedule of solicitations and cultivations to individuals. Ensure on time delivery of strategy and creative as outlined for review and approval. Create data files for all renewal, cultivation and appeal efforts.
- Data Management – Ensure overall data hygiene and oversee gift entry process to allow for timely and proper acknowledgements and stewardship of members.
- Data Hygiene – Responsible for training Membership, Development, and Visitor Services staff in proper use of database and office systems and in maintaining current database processes and training manual.
- Gift processing – Oversee part time Membership Associate(s) in management of gift entry process for all general member gifts, working with to ensure clean and proper batching, to prepare deposits and documentation, and to prepare documents for corporate matching gifts.
- Acknowledgement processing – Oversee part time Membership Associate(s) in processing and fulfillment of general membership acknowledgments and member cards. Coordinating with Donor Relations Manager to provide member cards for Major Donor acknowledgements.
- Membership team support – Manages part time Membership Associate(s) in their work. Coordinates with Visitor Services and Director of Individual Giving & Membership to ensure proper front desk coverage and strict adherence to part time scheduling restrictions.
- 3-5 years experience in data management and back end fundraising
- Excellent organizational and management skills, comfortable in a fast-paced and varied environment, capable of managing concurrent projects
- Strong computer skills and database proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and/or other CRMs required, experience in database transitions preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to take on other duties and projects as assigned to support Development team efforts a must
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Accrued Paid-Time-Off Leave
- Paid Holidays*
- Group Health Insurance Coverage (POS or PPO plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Program participation
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and/or dependent care costs
- Pre-tax Transportation benefits through SmartBenefits
- Complimentary guest admission to museum (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at Museum Shop
- 10% discount at Museum Café
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events
* Full-time hourly staff may receive holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day on which they are scheduled to work.
Commensurate with Experience